Banishing all the stereotypes long forced upon women, Sarah El Tabakh have set a role model, a real icon proving that we, the women, can in fact have it all and then we were intrigued to ask what’s her secret. In an inspiring interview with her we’ve come to learn that a woman can be successful, strong, independent and at the same time beautiful, feminine and a lady in every word. She’s set for us the balance we’ve so long wondered how to master. Allow us to take you through her journey to better learn her secret of success on personal and professional level
BUT FIRST HERE ARE THE HIGHLIGHTS OF HER PROFESSIONAL AND ACADEMIC MILESTONES:
- Sarah El Tabakh is the PR & Corporate Director at DMG, Mountain View since 2014.
- She boasts 14 years of rich experience in the communications field.
- Her communications career began in 2003 in the marketing and advertising fields gaining remarkable experience in the media landscape.
- Sarah worked for big names such as Rotana, FP7 and Orascom Media setting new standards for creativity and conceptual media diversity.
- In 2009, she joined forces with Al Hayah TV Network as an Executive Producer, leading the top TV programs and commercials to unprecedented ranking and popularity.
- Sarah developed and launched Al Nahar Network Channel’s identity and established the Marketing, Media and PR departments.
- Throughout this successful journey, El Tabakh worked as a Media Consultant for various artists, including Amr Diab, Shereen Abdel Wahab and Said El Marouk breaking sales records in the regional market. With her passionate leadership, she efficaciously collaborated on the movie “365 Days of Happiness Movie,” as a line and Executive Producer for the movie that gained more than L.E 23,000,000 million.
- Her long-standing passion for learning and development in the academic field has led her accomplishment working as a Marketing Professor at Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport, passing on her knowledgeable experience in a diverse set of industries to the next generation of marketeers.
- Sarah is one of the founders of Nafham, an NGO pecialized in providing free educational material for the Egyptian students as a substitute of private Lessons as well as providing them with self-development lessons.
- She is a passionate writer publishing her articles in Youm 7 with a remarkable recognition from Khaled Salah’s side and a significant reading traffic.
- Sarah holds a diploma in Advertising and Broadcasting from the AUC.
- Her passion for arts as well as communications and human interaction was the reason she decided to bring both worlds together where she studied Fine arts & Marketing and graduated from Arab Academy for Science and Technology and Maritime Transport.
AT WHAT POINT IN YOUR LIFE HAVE YOU FELT MOST SATISFIED OR MOST ACCOMPLISHED?
Well, it’s an ongoing process actually, every day passes, I check my to-do list, and when it is all checked, I feel satisfied. I take this to a higher level that transcends daily tasks; which means checking bigger goals out of the list.
FOR A VERY SUCCESSFUL WOMAN LIKE YOURSELF, HOW DO YOU MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WORK-LIFE BALANCE?
Pace yourself. To have a long, healthy, productive, and happy life as well as career; you need to understand the value of pace. There are times when you need to throttle up, and there are times when you can throttle up, and there are times when you can throttle down. Self-awareness is crucial. Doing so will help you enjoy the journey as much as the destination.
Understand what really matters. Over the years, I have seen too many people spend too much time working on things that don’t really matter. Time is the most valuable commodity in life; it is the one thing you cannot buy more of. So, don’t waste time. Focus on what really matters. What really moves the needle for the business? Are you working on priorities that drive the overall goals of the business or are you just making noise? Really scrutinize your day and max it out every hour, minute and second to focus on the most important outputs. For some this may require a high degree of planning and structure.
Respect boundaries. You cannot achieve your balance if you don’t respect the boundaries you have put in place. It will be hard in the beginning, but you need to stick with it so you develop a routine and drive a culture and lifestyle of predictability. You will find that there is also something else you can do. There is always another email to reply to, or a problem to work, but you need to PERSONALLY respect your boundaries. If you don’t, then you can’t expect others to respect them, and finally be open about your needs. I believe that the first thing people need to do is identify what truly matters to them and communicate it. Don’t hide it and don’t expect others to guess what makes you feel balanced and fulfilled.
SOME WOMEN DON’T FIND THE TIME TO LOOK AFTER THEMSELVES IN PURSUIT OF THEIR DREAMS AND CAREER. LOOKING UP TO A WOMAN LIKE YOU, WHAT IS YOUR BEAUTY SECRET?
There is no such secret. I would say, I just do what makes me feel good and comfortable about myself. If I can think of anything, it would be getting my beauty sleep and let it work its magic.
There isn’t really anything extra special. Maybe I’ve grown up being detail-oriented just like my mum; she has always been sophisticated when it comes to details. I believe that beauty is within the soul. Beauty is the power and size of your smile. The happier you are, the more beautiful you become.
Let’s get more personal…
FIVE WORDS THAT BEST DESCRIBE YOU
Self-empowered, persistent, positive, intellectual, and big-hearted.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN QUALITIES THAT ATTRACT YOU TO ANYONE?
Honesty, integrity and straightforwardness.
WHAT ARE THE SMALL THINGS THAT MAKE YOUR DAY BETTER?
A surprise of any kind, a smile from someone I love, a message from someone that I miss, and a to-do list that is checked by the end of the day.
WHAT OR WHO INSPIRES YOU THE MOST?
Not sure of a specific thing, but I get inspired by the fact that my journey and what I am doing now will eventually be history that inspires other. I get inspired from anyone who sees light by the end of the tunnel and anyone who is able to give hope and give more everyday and never give up and will never give up.
HOW WOULD YOU SUM UP YOUR LIFE PHILOSOPHY?
Be independent; learn to do most of the work, face challenges on your own. Never depend or rely heavily on anyone. Never ever lose your femininity, flaunt it! Keep your head up through the hardest time and never lose hope. Don’t allow anyone to define you, limit you, or make you think less of yourself. Keep going, believe in yourself and embrace your beauty and shine no matter what comes your way.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST, IF YOU WOULD GIVE A PIECE OF ADVICE FOR THE WOMEN FROM YOUR EXPERIENCES, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Be solid, be a rock, yet, always be yourself and never, ever give up on who you are.