Traveling on Valentine’s Day? Here’s how to celebrate love with Emirates
For those who will be on-the-go during Valentine’s Day, worry not, Emirates is making sure that you can still celebrate this special day with your loved one! To ensure all of its customers are able to enjoy the season of love, Emirates has refreshed its Valentine’s Day offering to create a memorable travel experience on-board and in its lounges.
Across most of its lounges worldwide, Emirates’ chefs have prepared heart shaped culinary creations or the occasion. From 13-15 February, there will also be special selection of Valentine’s inspired desserts to choose from (that you can also pretend you baked for your significant other!):
* Red velvet torte with cream cheese and strawberry tart in Cairo
* Mud cake with a chocolate ganache, berry coulis and decorated with white chocolate hearts in lounges in Australia
* White chocolate mousse with strawberry and passion fruit in lounges in the UK
* Chocolate covered strawberries with coconut flakes in Emirates lounges in Boston, LAX and JFK
* Pink macaroon and heart-shaped mousse cakes in Shanghai
Onboard meals will also be seasoned with a touch of romance to complement the regionally inspired cuisine. On Valentine’s Day itself, Emirates will serve a special selection of desserts on flights longer than 4.5 hours across its network.
* Snack baskets in First Class will feature strawberry & cream flavoured Lakrids liquorice
* If you’re traveling First or Business, you can choose a Strawberry feuilletine with layered white chocolate mousse and strawberry jelly decorated with hearts for an after meal treat
* In Economy Class, customers will be served a dark chocolate mousse topped with candied hearts for dessert
Customers can also get in the Valentine’s mood with ice, Emirates’ award-winning inflight entertainment system. Movie night in (or on-board) anyone? February’s entertainment catalogue features classic favourites including:
* Romantic comedies such as Notting Hill, My Best Friend’s Wedding & Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again
* 1973 classic The Way We Were
* Emirates’ specially curated music playlist called ‘Romantic Moments' and ‘Love at First Flight’ featuring love songs. Customers can also create their own playlists of music, movies and TV shows on the Emirates app ahead of their flight and sync it to their seats once on board.
Finally, if you completely forgot it’s Valentine’s Day and need to make amends with your loved ones, you are in luck because Emirates created special deals for last-minute gifts:
* Emirates’ onboard Duty Free features a revamped catalogue with new and exclusive products. Customers who spend USD 95 or more from 8-10 Feb will enjoy a 20% discount. * The Emirates official stores will have Valentine’s Day pyjamas for ladies and other Valentines themed Emirates merchandise available at www.emirates.store. Customers can also use the promo code EKLOVE until 11th Feb for free delivery on purchases over USD 100.